In August 2003, the website “Alternative Considerations of Jonestown and Peoples Temple” was re-designed to make it more user-friendly. The initial design by Kevin Hozak, then a Religious Studies major at University of North Dakota, served the site well for five years. Growth and expansion of the site, however, necessitated a re-configuration in 2003 – upon the 25th anniversary of the deaths in Jonestown – which was completed by Elizabeth Shaules, a Graphic Design major at San Diego State University.
This online Archive preserves material that once appeared on the website but has been updated or superseded by later items. It gives a valuable glimpse into how the site has changed over the years.
- Previous Home Page superseded by Welcome.
- Previous Contents Page superseded by “About Jonestown.”
- Previous Invitation to Contributors superseded by “This Site.”
- Previous List of Authors’ Credentials superseded by author information attached to each article.
- Previous “What’s New” Section superseded by “History of Site.”
- Previous Statements of Purpose: Initial Statement; First Revised Statement; Second Revised Statement; superseded by “This Site”.
- Kevin Hozak, “Reflections on Jonestown.”
- Letter from Scott Lowe, Department of Philosophy and Religion, University of North Dakota, introducing the site at its debut in February 1998.
- University of North Dakota Honors Student Media Reviews.
- Program for 1998 Memorial Service for those who died in Jonestown.
- 25th Anniversary of Jonestown and Peoples Temple.
- Archived links.
- Archived news.