Archived Site: The Ghosts of November:

Information Concerning this Archived Site

Source: https://novemberghosts.blogspot.com/

This is the archive of a blogspot hosted by Jeff Brailey, the senior medic of the Joint Humanitarian Task Force sent to Guyana in November 1978. Brailey wrote about his experiences in the book The Ghosts of November, which he self-published in 1998, but his work did not end there. Instead, he continued to research the military and diplomatic responses to Jonestown, and revised his work several times before posting what was to be the final edition on his blogspot. Beyond the book itself, however, the postings include Brailey's reports on his efforts to secure a literary agent, as well as topics relating to Jonestown, cults, cult leaders, and related subjects.

Brailey died in 2014.

In addition to this archive, this site has published both the complete manuscript of the final edition of the book as well as Brailey's other blog postings in text formats.

PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Monday, May 21, 2007

But is it worth £238?

Last night, a fellow from Great Britain told me he looked up The Ghosts of November on Amazon.com UK.

The Ghosts of November at Amazon.com in the United Kingdom

He surprised me when he told me what the book dealer was asking for it - £238 or almost $500. That's about 25 times the original retail price of $19.95. On May 31, it was listed at £120, still much higher than in the USA.

On the USA's version of Amazon.com, the book is going for $120. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone paying that much for it.

The Ghosts of November at Amazon.com in the USA

I am seeking a literary agent to represent the revision of the book with publishers. The new and improved Ghosts has so much more than the first edition, I don't know why I can't find an agent interested in pitching it to a publisher.

When I send book queries and proposals out, I include the URL to this blog. Perhaps some agent out there will see this and kindly explain to me why, with the first edition selling for almost its weight in gold, why they feel this book is not for them?

The Ghosts of November on Ebay Half.com

No comments: