[Editor’s notes: The transcript of this document retains its original spellings, with corrections noted only where necessary for clarity.
[Page 1 of this document was duplicated at G-1-h-19.]
APRIL 12, 1978
CDE. TIMOFEYEV [Comrade Fedor Timofeyev] (USSR)
APPT. W/ SHARON AMOS
– Timofeyev said USSR had a two hundred passenger boat, approx one million Guy. $, jet propelled, also helecopters that hold up to twenty people, and tractors, he will get brochers for us.
– He said he would talk to Victor, the Charge d’Affaires, (ref. to doctor & himself going to J/town) and let us know. He doubted if the doctor could go because there is a threat of an epedemic in Georgetown because of the water condition.
– He asked for recent copies of the Peoples Forum
– Mike said we didn’t print anymore.
– (ref. to the Cultural show) He said Marceline was diplomatic, Mike was too straight and strong, faces of some people changed.
– Sharon gave him background of Murddock (the reporter)
– He said there was strong opposition against Murddock in Guyana, he thought…
– said there was no negative article that came out about Angela [Davis] in the USSR press to counteract.
– Told him of senator Stennis/ told of consertive press, Sharon said the Ukiah Daily Journal was a consertive press.
– Timofeyev agreed, “Yes I know”.
– We showed him the letter about our situation in relationship to the U.S.
– I thought it was interesting that Timofeyeve turned on the radio when we talked to him today in the Embassy office.
– should note in ref. to Murddock, there was a protest of murddock in regards to the cricket team
GET CLARIFICATION OF MURDDOCK HOW HE RELATES TO GUYANA IN CRICKET…