The articles below offer a wide range of perspectives on the life of Peoples Temple, the deaths in Jonestown, and the 30 years that have passed. All were written by former members and relatives of the people who died. While each individual story brings a powerful voice to any consideration of the events of 18 November 1978, their totality contributes to an even more important – if sometimes cacophonous – body of work. For that reason, these stories may also be found on our growing online collection of perspectives here.
We invite other members and families of Peoples Temple – whatever your views on the tragedy of Jonestown and the factors that led to its end – to join in this chorus. Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may add your story.
- Why We Left, by Mike Cartmell
- July 4th gathering: Come on down!, by Pinkie Jones
- Ruth’s Teeth, by Stephan Jones
- The Notorious Incident in L.A., by Laurie Efrein Kalalas
- Seeing the Faces, by Laura Johnston Kohl
- The Path to Forgiveness, by John V Moore
- The Jonestown Poets