The articles below offer a wide range of perspectives on the life of Peoples Temple, the deaths in Jonestown, and the 29 years that have passed. All were written by former members and relatives of the people who died. While each individual story brings a powerful voice to any consideration of the events of 18 November 1978, their totality contributes to an even more important – if sometimes cacophonous – body of work. For that reason, these stories may also be found on our growing online collection of perspectives here.
We invite other members and families of Peoples Temple – whatever your views on the tragedy of Jonestown and the factors that led to its end – to join in this chorus. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we may add your story.
- Writings by Laura Johnston Kohl
- The Board (Of Elders) by Garrett Lambrev
- Insight and Compassion: Vestiges of Peoples Temple by Jordan Vilchez
- Jonestown Survivor 9 by Terri Buford
- Moments in Time by Eugene Smith
- Writings by Don Beck
- The Death of Innocence by Pinkie Jones
- And The Truth Shall Set You Free? by Neva Sly Hargrave
- Writings by Lela Howard
- The Spirit Rekindled by Roger Stacy
- Notes from a Journal by Andy Silver
- Jonestown Relative Issues Call to Action by Susan Ashby
- Going Home by Stephan Jones
- Thank You by Vicki PerryOriginally posted on July 25th, 2013.Last modified on April 26th, 2018.