The articles below offer a wide range of perspectives on the life of Peoples Temple, the deaths in Jonestown, and the 33 years that have passed. All were written by former members and relatives of the people who died. While each individual story brings a powerful voice to any consideration of the events of 18 November 1978, their totality contributes to an even more important – if sometimes cacophonous – body of work. For that reason, these stories may also be found on our growing online collection of perspectives here.
We invite other members and families of Peoples Temple – whatever your views on the tragedy of Jonestown and the factors that led to its end – to join in this chorus. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we may add your story.
- Temple Life in the United States Without Jim Jones
- The Gift Thrust Upon Us, by Thom Bogue
- Questioning the Cults Around Us, by Laura Davis
- New Branches on the Family Tree, by Dawn Gardfrey
- Articles and Reflections by Stephan Jones
- Articles and Reflections by Laura Johnston Kohl
- A Visit to Peoples Temple, by Jacinta Hector Powers
- The Book That Wasn’t, by Jordan Vilchez
- Suffering in Silence, by Leslie Wagner-Wilson
- The Jonestown Poets