Ever since the earliest days following the deaths in Jonestown, former Temple members, news reporters and other writers, scholars and professors, historical researchers, and religious organizations have used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain documents from the federal government on Peoples Temple. The stories below update this website’s recent uses of the Freedom of Information Act.
- FBI Nears End of Tape Release
- FOIA Suit for FBI Records Still in Preliminary Stages
- State Department Releases Passport Photo Pages
- Preliminary Death Lists Show Few “Trauma” Victims
- Government Records Continue to Disappear
- FOIA Requests Still Pending
- Congressional Investigation Records Under 30-Year Seal