One of the most important functions of this website is to provide a forum for former members of Peoples Temple and relatives of the Jonestown dead to write about their experiences and perspectives. While each individual story brings a powerful voice to any consideration of the events of 18 November 1978, their totality contributes to an even more important – if sometimes cacophonous – body of work. For that reason, these stories may also be found on our growing online collection of perspectives here.
We invite other members and families of Peoples Temple – whatever your views on the tragedy of Jonestown and the factors that led to its end – to join in this chorus. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we may add your story.
- The Man They Loved, by Stephan Jones
- The Families of the 1000, by Laura Johnston Kohl
- Why Such A Huge Variety Of Reflections On Jonestown And Peoples Temple?, by Laura Johnston Kohl
- Mystery of the Last Tape Reconsidered, by Kathy (Tropp) Barbour
- The Dick Tropp Poems, by Dorothy Field