One of the most important functions of this website is to provide a forum for former members of Peoples Temple and relatives of the Jonestown dead to write about their experiences and perspectives. While each individual story brings a powerful voice to any consideration of the events of 18 November 1978, their totality contributes to an even more important – if sometimes cacophonous – body of work. For that reason, these stories may also be found on our growing online collection of perspectives here.
We invite other members and families of Peoples Temple – whatever your views on the tragedy of Jonestown and the factors that led to its end – to join in this chorus. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we may add your story.
- Ambushed: Remembering Joyce Douglas, by Harrison Danley
- Remembering Jose Simon and Sue Grimm, by Nick Bennett
- Tina’s Smile, by Steven Ashlock
- Remembering Gladys Margarette Jackson, by Anonymous
- Memories of Rosa Lee Jackson From a 12-Year-Old Me, by Shawnda Birch
- My mom had a heart of gold, by Ray Johnson
- Jonestown and the Lendo Theory, by Sharon Lendo
- Esther Mueller – a beautiful woman inside and out, by Sharon Jo Allman
- Memories of Cheryl Gray Wilhite, by Daphne Walker-Thoth
- Who is the Voice of Peoples Temple?, by Laura Johnston Kohl
- I Am a Cultist, Two Times Over, by Laura Johnston Kohl
- Was Jonestown a “Millennial Intentional Community”?, by Laura Johnston Kohl