[Two of the subjects of this serial whose names are deleted are Jonestown survivors Tim and Michael Carter. The deleted information from the memorandum – designated by brackets – which is known to the editor has been indicated by red type.]
UNCLASSIFIED FBB 846
[Listing of agencies receiving informational copies on pdf]
0 262243Z DEC 78
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO AMEMBASSY GEORGETOWN IMMEDIATE
UNCLAS STATE 324418
E.O. 11652: NA
TAGS: CASC ([names deleted] [Tim Carter, Michael Carter], Prokes, Michael Joseph)
SUBJ: W/W [Tim Carter, Michael Carter], Michael Joseph Prokes
REF: GEORGETOWN 4420
1. Department and federal agencies need to know the following:
A. Besides the [Carters] and Prokes, who else will be returning?
B. Are [name deleted] & Eugene Smith ready to return?
C. Is the [name deleted] ready to return?
D. Will any others eligible to depart be leaving at the same time?
2. [name deleted] family is arranging a prepaid ticket for his return to New York.
3. Department has been unable to get in touch with [name deleted] in San Francisco. Does he have any other relatives or friends who can assist in his return?
4. Do the [Carters] and Prokes have sufficient funds for their return?
5. Federal air marshal advises that arrangements cannot be made until Wednesday or Thursday of next week.
Vance [Cyrus Vance, Secretary of State]