[Editor’s note: The State Department release withheld several names from this cable. Those which are known to the editor are indicated below in red type; other withheld portions are marked in green.]
[Agencies receiving informational copies on PDF.]
P 150745Z FEB 79
FM SECSTATE WASHDC
TO AMEMBASSY GEORGETOWN PRIORITY
UNCLAS STATE 038962
E.O. 12065: N/A
TAGS: [deleted line related to Laurence Layton]
SUBJECT: ARREST FUNDS: [deleted information related to Laurence Layton]
1. SCS/TRUST DOLLARS 525 (FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE) FOR [deleted information related to Laurence Layton and his son, Larry Layton].
2. [deleted information related to Laurence Layton and his son, Larry Layton]
3. RECEIVED BY DEPARTMENT VIA CASHIER’S CHECK.
4. FOR POST INFORMATION: IF SUFFICIENT CASH NOT ON HAND FOR PAYMENT CASHIER SHOULD USE EMERGENCY REPLENISHMENT PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN FUNDS IMMEDIATELY THROUGH USDO.
5. NOTIFY DEPARTMENT BF/OF/AD/SAC WITH ACCOUNT NUMBER WHEN FINAL PAYMENT MADE.
6. MESSAGE: DOLS 525 TO ESTABLISH FUND FOR SUBJECT’S
802 STATE 038962
CHRISTOPHER [Warren Christopher, Acting Secretary of State]