R 280234Z MAR 84
FM SAN FRANCISCO (89-250)
TO DIRECTOR (89-4286) (ROUTINE)
RYMUR; MAJOR CASE 16
Re: San Francisco teletype to Director dated January 16, 1984.
The United States Attorney’s office, San Francisco, California, requests that the following information be relay [relayed] to United States State Department; Bureau of Consulate Affairs, CA/SI/CCS, attention: [name deleted].
Assistant United States Attorney Dennis Michael Nerney and FBI Special Agent Donald R. Hale anticipate travel to Georgetown, Guiana [Guyana], to arrive April 16, at 2:00 PM via British West Indies flight 463 from Port of Spain. Special Agent Hale and Nerney scheduled to depart at Georgetown, Guiana, on the morning of April 20, 1984.
United States Attorney’s office at San Francisco make the
PAGE TWO SF 89-250 UNCLAS
requests of the American Embassy, Georgetown.
1. Obtain appropriate permission and notification of the Government of Guiana re the visit of AUSA Nerney and Special Agent Hale.
2. Secure appropriate first-class double accommodations for April 16, 17, 18, and 19.
3. Request audience with Police Commissioner Skip Roberts.
4. Request courtesy appointment with Director of Public Prosecution Jackmon [George Jackman].
5. Rent airplane for early morning flight to Port Kaituma for April 17, 18, or 19. (United States Attorney’s office will pay for rental under appropriation number 4E409911).
6. Request Government of Guiana to furnish ground transportation to Jonestown Agricultural Mission.
7. Return plane rental for late afternoon same date.
8. Designate Embassy or Consulate officer to assist and accompany during liaison contact in Georgetown as well as trip to Port Kaituma. Consulate officer [name deleted] recommended.