PEOPLES RALLY NOTES, 7/1/78
After a long day of crisis and [a] pavilion gathering meeting was held.
Ava Ingram [Inghram] – Off
Linda Sadler – Off (Told not to leave work again.)
Anita [Anitra] Green – Off
Kim Rochelle – Off
Melanie Kemp – Off
Carver Cordel [Cordell] – Off
Different people were asked their opinion about the possibility of “revolution suicide” or fighting those who may be distorted socialists.
[Editor’s note: Each name listed on the entries for the balance of this document has a handwritten letter in the margin – from “C” to “F” – with no indication as to what the notations mean.]
- Ronni James – it was that he was too easy on Learning Crew people.
- Chris Cordel [Cordell] – It was said his attitude was bad toward SAT people, but he is good with Learning Crew.
- Penny’s [Penny Kerns] self-criticism was that she needs to listen to people more.
- Warning: Guards should never threaten to walk out or cut weapon. Don’t leave shells in chamber.
Stream in back is full of fish – untapped resource – could be a means of survival – some were assigned for this research.
Teachers referred some to learning crew:
Ricardo Arterberry, Keith Wright, Elli Beam, Stan Wright, James Johnson, Anita March.
Ricardo – problem in school.
- Keith Wright – Playing in class, and Don Bowers says he plays with children – slapping at them for no reason. (Chance) 1 more.
- Elli Beam – Warning: (Last Warning)
- Stanley Wright – (Warning) last
- Shanterri [Shawnterri] Hall: Nasty attitude – hostile to SAT workers Brady and Doug Sanders during crisis. (Learning Crew) Also James Turner said she was sleeping. Janet T. [Tupper] Lenin confirmed attitude. Dad asked Shanterri if she was happy – it was put to a vote for her to go on Learning Crew.
- James Johnson: (2nd time) Learning Crew
Jair Baker: 1 more Chance
- Anita March: Late for class attended 1 class this week. No excuses. She just walks in class – on floor before. Anita wants to be a vet. Marie Lawrence confronted her about coming to school. Anita did
say she checked in with Don’s class – ask Don for study class – Don told her to her to get it approved by Tom Grubbs first. She works well – (Chance)
Aleda [Alida] Santiago, Keith Newson [Newsome], (one warning to Aleda – told her about getting oranges saying it’s for crew the passed them out to those in dining area.
Renée McMurray [McMurry], Maurice [Marice] Anderson, Lisa Wright, Dorothy Buckley, Betty Gill, Ernestine Blair, Maryann Casanova and Mary Lenin.
Odell Rhodes: Stays busy, could push more.
Partake [Partak], Tom: Told to keep pace.
Rita Cordel [Cordell]: Sowing division on Learning Crew – Voted that she go to Learning Crew.
Steve Addison: Wants to increase his schedule with medical – told to work it out with Phyllis [Chaikin].
Warning: Dad says don’t be so quick to write up supervisors on Learning Crew (Medical people).
Earnestine March: Dad said to see what could be done in her case – could get money.
Willie Malone – Touchy – Learning Crew Supervisor – poking others on neck. Willie says he doesn’t remember – says he didn’t. Ronni Dennis says he did it to him. (Warning)
Pancho [Poncho] Johnson: After meeting it was reported that he was hostile about sleeping on duty / not wanting to do security –. (Learning Crew).
Others for Learning Crew:
Tyrone Cartmell, Ricardo Arterberry, Orlando Robinson, Tod [Tod] Klingman, James A. [Arthujr] Jones, Stephanie Smith, James Ford.
Praise: Mary Griffith
By: Vernetta C. [Christian]
Reference indicated by letters.
Follow-ups are indicated by letters: (a)…