Receiver of Peoples Temple of the Disciples of Christ
(San Francisco Superior Court No. 746571)
220 Bush St.
San Francisco, CA 94104
RE: Filing Claims and Commands Against the People’s Temple of the Disciples of Christ
Dear Sir or Madam:
As you may know, on January 26, 1979, the Superior Court in and for the City and County of San Francisco, the Hon. Ira A. Brown, Jr., presiding, entered an Order Assuming Jurisdiction of Winding of People’s Temple. Pursuant to the terms of that Order, all persons having claims against People’s Temple of the Disciples of Christ will be barred from possible participation in any distribution of the general assets of the corporation unless they file or present claims and proofs on or before 11:59 p.m. (midnight) on May 31, 1979.
For your convenience I have enclosed a copy of the Notice to Creditors of People’s Temple of the Disciples of Christ. The Notice explains the procedure for filing claims, and I have also enclosed an appropriate claim form.
Please read these materials carefully. As stated above, if you intend to file a claim you must complete the enclosed claim form and return it, along with proof of the claim, to Robert H. Fabian, 220 Bush Street, San Francisco, California 94104, on or before May 31, 1979.
[signed] Robert H. Fabian
ROBERT H. FABIAN, Receiver for
PEOPLES TEMPLE OF THE DISCIPLES OF CHRIST
To creditors and claimants of Peoples Temple of the Disciples of Christ, a California non-profit corporation:
Notice is hereby given that voluntary proceedings have been commenced for winding up and dissolution of Peoples Temple of the Disciples of Christ, a California non-profit corporation, in the Superior Court of the State of California, in and for the County of San Francisco, and the said Court has assumed jurisdiction over such proceedings as authorized by §§ 1904 and 9801 of the Corporations Code.
Pursuant to an order by the Court dated as of January 23, 1979, all claims and demands against the aforementioned corporation, whether due or not yet due, contingent, unliquidated, or sounding only in damages must be filed with proof thereof with Robert H. Fabian, Esq., the duly appointed Receiver for Peoples Temple, at 220 Bush Street, San Francisco, California 94104 within four months after the date of first publication of this notice. All such persons having claims against said corporation will be barred from participation in any distribution of the general assets of said corporation if they failed to file or present claims and proofs within the time and at the place specified in this notice. The first publication of the Notice is January 31, 1979. The four-month period expires at 11:59 p.m. (Midnight) on May 31, 1979.
FOR THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
PEOPLES TEMPLE OF THE DISCIPLES OF CHRIST,
THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA,
PROOF OF CLAIM
1. State name, address and telephone number of claimant: [blank lines]
2. If claim is filed by an officer, agent or attorney for claimant, state name, address and telephone number of such officer, agent or attorney: [blank lines]
3. Petitioner is indebted (or liable) to this claimant in the sum of $_____.
4. The consideration for the debt (or ground of liability) is as follows (attach additional pages if necessary): [blank lines]
5. (If the claim is founded upon a writing.) The writing or writings upon which this claim is founded (or a copy thereof) is attached hereto.
6. No judgment has been rendered on this claim except: [blank lines]
7. This claim is not subject to any setoff or counterclaim except: [blank lines]
8. The amount of all payments on this claim has been credited and deducted for purposes of making this proof of claim.
9. State all security held for said claim and attach any writings which evidence such security:[blank lines]
10. If claimant claims a priority, state the amount and basis for such priority: [blank lines]
$ [blank line]
Total Amount Claimed
Name of Claimant:
Claim No. [blank line]
(For office use only.)