The following tape transcripts are of recordings which were made by Peoples Temple and which were among the thousands of documents recovered by the FBI following the deaths in Jonestown. While the tapes from which the transcripts were made may still exist, they have not yet been identified. Most of the tapes listed below also appear on this site’s Primary Sources page.
The HAM Radio Tapes (recorded in 1978), RYMUR 89-4286-1200
The Lynetta Jones Interviews (recorded in 1977), RYMUR 89-4286-EE-3, Sections SSS & TTT
Conversation between Jim Jones and Tim Stoen (likely early 1975), RYMUR 89-4286-PP-8-o, pp. 1-16
Nouvelle Observatoire Interview with Jim Jones (early 1977), RYMUR 89-4286-C-12-d-1, pp. a through l
The Tapes of Joseph Mazor, RYMUR 89-4286-S-1
The Tapes of Paula Adams (1977-1978), RYMUR 89-4286, BB-1, dd-ii
Transcripts of phone conversations between Tim Clancey and Gordon Lindsay:
• August 1, 1978, RYMUR 89-4286-I-1-b-3, pp. b-j (Text here).
• August 2, 1978, RYMUR 89-4286-I-1-b-4, pp. a-b (Text here).
• August 4, 1978, RYMUR 89-4286-NN-7-B, pp. 1-6 (Text here).
Transcript of Press Conference Held by Mark Lane and Don Freed (October 1978), RYMUR 89-4286-x-4-m-3, a through g
The KNBC Interviews of Don Harris with Charles Garry, Carlton Goodlett, and members of Peoples Temple (November 1978):
• Interview 1, RYMUR 89-4286-I-1-a-9, pp. a-h (Text here).
• Interview 2, RYMUR 89-4286-I-1-a-9, pp. i-p (Text here).