Z 190526Z NOV 78
FM JCS [Joint Chiefs of Staff] WASHINGTON DC//CJCS [Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff] // ZFFA
TO USCINCSO QUARRY HEIGHTS CZ [Canal Zone]
INFO SECDEF WASHINGTON DC
SECSTATE WASHINGTON DC
WHITE HOUSE WASHINGTON DC//SITROOM//
DIRSNA FT GEORGE G MEADE MD
CSAF WASHINGTON DC
AMEMB [American Embassy] GEORGETOWN GY
21AF MCGUIRE AFB NJ
Subj: Return of Codel from Guyana
1. This is an execute order by authority and direction of the Secretary of Defense.
2. Situation: Unknown group attacked and killed and/or wounded members of party headed by Congressman (Codel) Leo J. Ryan.
PAGE 2 RUEKJCS 2013 UNCLAS
3. Mission: Return deceased and survivors of Codel to United States via Howard AFB, Canal Zone.
A. Deploy one medical evacuation equipped C-141 to Georgetown, Guyana to evacuate codel. En route staging through Howard AFB, Canal Zone is authorized. Provide en route medical team to include pathologist. Return survivors and bodies to United States via Howard AFB, Canal Zone.
Page 02 190531Z
B. Coordinating instructions: Request diplomatic clearance using short notice procedures. Aircraft will be met on arrival Timehri International by Amemb Georgetown Political Officer [deleted name], telephone 62687. Dirlaught Alcon, keep JCS informed.
5. Administration and logistics:
A. Movement priority IB2 assigned.
B. PA Guidance: Take all questions and contact OASD/PA autovon 227.9312.
C. Keep C-141 at Roward [Howard] AFB on alert as backup aircraft until mission aircraft has departed Georgetown.
D. Request appropriate honors be rendered.
6. Command and Signal: USCINSCO is supported Commander, CINCNAC
PAGE 3 RUEKJCS 2013 UNCLAS
is supporting commander.