This blog written by Jeff Brailey was downloaded on 13 October 2018 from http://novemberghosts.blogspot.com/2007/06/religious-freedom-cults-writing-contest.html.
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Religious Freedom & Cults Writing Contest
While I continue trying to find a publisher for The Ghosts of November, I have decided to have a writing contest. The contest will run from today, June 7 and all entries must be emailed to the blog no later than 31 October 2008. The email address to be used is firstname.lastname@example.org and the essay should be in the message off the email. The subject line of all entries should read “Writing Contest Entry.”
The topic of the essays shall be “Cults and Religious Freedom.” Essays must be no less than 500 words and no longer than 1000 words. Spelling and grammar do count and the winning entry will be judged by Rebecca Bibbs, author of The Nubian Codex and award winning professional journalist.
Other rules of the writing contest include:
- The grand prizewinning entry will be published on this blog in November 2008.
- You must be age 16 or over to enter.
- Your entry must be an unpublished work by you, and be on the topic “Religious Freedom and Cults.” All entries become the property of The Ghosts of November Blog and may be posted on the blog.
- Entries must be typed and double-spaced. They are to be placed into the body of an email sent to email@example.com. The subject of the email must be “Writing Contest Entry.”
- Please include the title of your piece on top of the piece.
- Your essay should be no less than 500 and no more than 1000 words.
- Send as many entries as you like.
- Include the following on your entry email:
- Title of the entry
- Snail mail address
- Email address
- Biographical facts
i.e. If you’re a student: your birthdate; what grade you are going into; the school you attend; your major, if applicable; hobbies; a photo of yourself (no Polaroids or color copies).
The winner shall receive a copy of the first edition of The Ghosts of November, personally autographed by me.