DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
COMMUNICATION MESSAGE FORM
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLAS E F T O
FM DIRECTOR FBI
TO ALL FBI FIELD DIVISIONS IMMEDIATE
ALL LEGAL ATTACHES ROUTINE
UNCLAS E F T O
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) headquarters, Washington, has requested that survivors and Peoples Temple members in the United States when interviewed be queried concerning alleged drug trafficking by the Peoples Temple in Guyana. DEA desires the following questions be asked:
1) In view of allegations that drugs were available and utilized by the Peoples Temple group, can you tell us what was the source when the drugs were procured and what kind of drugs were utilized?
2) Were drugs produced by the Peoples Temple group in Guyana?
PAGE TWO DE HQ 0104 UNCLAS E F T O
3) What kind of drugs were produced and in what quantity?
4) What was done with any drugs in commercial quantities?
5) Were any drugs and elsewhere outside of Guyana by Peoples Temple ? If so, to where and by what method?
Advise the positive information received in any interview concerning these questions in a form suitable for dissemination to DEA.
PAGE THREE UNCLAS E F T O
NOTE: This teletype sent in response to DEA request that survivors and current Peoples Temple members in the United States be interviewed concerning drug trafficking on the part of the Temple.