(Editor’s note: Two versions of the pdf of Serial 717 released several years apart deleted and released different information. The pdf on this site includes both pages where appropriate; the text below is a combination of texts.)
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
COMMUNICATION MESSAGE FORM
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLAS E F T O
FM DIRECTOR FBI
TO FBI NEW YORK IMMEDIATE
FBI BROOKLYN QUEENS MRA IMMEDIATE
FBI SEATTLE IMMEDIATE
FBI HOUSTON IMMEDIATE
FBI ST. LOUIS IMMEDIATE
FBI SAN FRANCISCO IMMEDIATE
FBI INDIANAPOLIS IMMEDIATE
FBI LOS ANGELES IMMEDIATE
UNCLAS E F T O
The following information was received from [name deleted], State Department, Washington, D. C., on 12/2/78, concerning the release by Guyanese police of the following survivors, presently at Lamaha Gardens Peoples Temple, Georgetown, Guyana. This list contains the full name, date of birth (DOB), place of birth (POB)
PAGE TWO DE HG 0101 UNCLAS E F T O
passport number and date and place of issuance of these survivors. These survivors are expected to depart Guyana on 12/3/78 the Pan American flight 228 which arrives JFK Airport, New York, at 6:15 P.M. the same date. It should be noted that State Department has not confirmed that all survivors listed below are returning on this flight.
The released survivors are:
1. Thomas Charles Beikman, DOB 4/27/57, POB Indiana, passport number G 2200789 issued 9/8/76 in San Francisco.
2. Mary Ann Casanova, DOB 6/4/41, POB California, passport number [deleted], issued [deleted].
3. John Raphael Cobb, DOB 3/24/60, POB Indiana, passport number G160240, issued 1/2/76 in San Francisco.
4. Mark Nathan Cordell, DOB 6/29/59, POB New Mexico, passport number F246975, issued 1/24/75 in San Francisco.
5. Dawn Francine Gardfrey, DOB 5/22/63, POB Indiana, passport number H1341274 issued 5/18/77 in San Francisco.
6. Clifford Allen Gieg, DOB 2/22/60, POB California, passport number G834041, issued 4/15/76 in San Francisco.
7. Aaron Hendricks, DOB 6/13/53, POB Missouri, passport
PAGE THREE DE HQ 0101 UNCLAS E F T O
number G214648, issued 1/28/78 in San Francisco
8. Ruby Neal Johnston, DOB 4/23/22, POB Tennessee, passport number G2075581 in San Francisco.
9. James Warren Jones, Jr., DOB 10/1/60, POB Indiana, passport number Z2906926 issued 10/19/78 in Georgetown, Guyana.
10. Chuck Kirkendole [Kirkendall], DOB 10/16/48, POB Texas, passport number G2404629 issued 9/29/76 in San Francisco.
11. Paul Michael McCann, DOB 9/26/51, POB California, passport number G230769 issued 2/9/76 in Los Angeles.
12. Guy Edgar Mitchell, DOB 10/26/53, POB Pennsylvania, passport number H1341660, issued 5/18/77 in New Orleans.
13. Yolanda Denise Mitchell (aka Linda), DOB 9/16/60, POB California, passport number H732991, issued 3/30/77 in San Francisco.
14. Cleveland Newell, DOB 7/15/55, POB Mississippi, passport number G2209713, issued 8/27/76 in New Orleans.
15. Versie Lee Perkins, DOB 8/26/46, POB Washington, passport number F1383344, issued 7/11/75 in New Orleans.
16. Michael Angelo Simon, DOB 8/18/55, POB California, passport number G831934, issued 4/13/76 in San Francisco.
PAGE FOUR DE HQ 0101 UNCLAS E F T O
17. Robert Homer Stroud, DOB 12/13/57, POB California, passport number G1853987, issued 7/16/76 in San Francisco.
18. Le Flora Townes, DOB 8/7/22, POB Mississippi, passport number H271365, issued 2/8/77 in San Francisco.
19. Preston Lee Wade, DOB 6/20/55, POB California, passport number H432460, issued 3/4/77 in San Francisco.
20. Andrea Yvette Walker, DOB 7/5/57, POB California, passport number H730429, issued 3/28/77 in San Francisco.
21. Walter Lee Williams, DOB 10/23/57, POB Mississippi, passport number H2215889, issued 7/29/77 in San Francisco.
22. Burrell Dernaro Wilson, DOB 12/20/60, POB Texas, passport number H578743, issued 3/17/77 in San Francisco.
23. Johnnie Mae Yates, DOB 9/28/24, POB Texas, passport number G2207707 issued 9/22/76 in San Francisco.
24. Laura Johnston, DOB 10/22/47, POB Washington, D.C., no passport information.
25. Beatrice Grubbs (aka Orsot), DOB 9/30/26, POB Georgia, the passport information.
26. Timothy Glenn Jones, DOB 2/19/59, POB California, passport number H1292432, issued 5/11/77 in San Francisco.
PAGE FIVE DE HQ 0101 UNCLAS E F T O
The following individuals released by the Guyanese authorities are, according to State Department officials, booked on flight 228 to arrive JFK International Airport on 12/3/78 and are planning to continue on to San Francisco, California:
1. Richard Clark, DOB 10/16/36, POB Mississippi, passport number H 998457 issued 4/27/77 in San Francisco.
2. Johnny Franklin, Sr., DOB 3/19/45, POB Florida, passport number J2144990, issued 7/26/78 in San Francisco.
3. Robert B. Paul, DOB 11/3/45, POB Los Angeles, passport number J069549 issued 1/10/78 in New Orleans.
4. Diane Louie Rozynko, DOB 11/16/52, POB California, passport issued 4/78 in San Francisco.
5. Jakari Lafayette Wilson, DOB 10/30/75, POB California, passport number G2802661.
6. Leslie Monique Fortier Wilson, DOB 1/21/57, POB Los Angeles, passport number H851197 issued 04/12/77 in San Francisco.
In addition, State Department has advised that some of the released survivors have requested connecting flights to the following destinations and are:
Mark Cordell to Wasghington State;
PAGE SIX DE HQ 0101 UNCLAS E F T O
Dawn Gardfrey to Houston, Texas;
Aaron Hendricks to St. Louis, Misouri [Missouri];
Ruby Johnston to San Francisco, California;
James Jones to Richmond, Indiana;
Chuck Kirkendole to Oakland, California;
Guy Mitchell to Houston, Texas;
Cleveland Newell to San Francisco, California;
Versie Perkins to Los Angeles, California;
Michael Simon to Carson, California;
Robert Stroud to Homedale, Indiana;
Timothy Townes [Jones] to San Francisco, California;
Andrea Walker to San Francisco, California;
Burrell Wilson to San Francisco, California;
Johnny Yates to Edna, Texas;
Beatrice Grubbs to San Francisco, California.
New York will conduct interviews of those individuals returning to JFK International upon their arrival.
Armed and dangerous.
PAGE SEVEN DE HQ 0101 UNCLAS E F T O
PAGE EIGHT UNCLAS E F T O
NOTE: Teletype sets forth identities of 32 survivors of Jonestown suicide who have been released by Guyanese authorities are expected to return to the United States through JFK International on 12/3/78.