In early 2019, Kelly Lavoie began a blog entitled Lines and Strings, which she subtitled Mysteries, True Crime, Sociology, and All Things Interesting. Within her first few months of blogging, she had written several posts on the mysteries of Jonestown and Peoples Temple, which are reproduced below.
Ms. Lavoie received her bachelor’s degree in sociology from Bridgewater State University in Massachusetts, and is currently working on her master’s degree in information science at Rutgers University. She is a blogger who enjoys writing about sociology, criminology, true crime, and mysteries. She is especially interested in restorative justice and related issues/theories/approaches to understanding the actions of those who step outside of societal norms.
- Jonestown: An Introduction, March 18, 2019
- Reflections & Opinions on Jonestown, March 19, 2019
- The Mystery Tape, April 7, 2019
- Anger, Blame, Empathy, and Understanding in the Wake of Extreme Violence, April 24, 2019
- Q & A with Dr. Rebecca Moore, July 15, 2019
- Reflections and What I’ve Been Up To, September 22, 2019
- Finding Goodness, October 23, 2019
- Forty One Years, November 6, 2019
- Congruent Mistakes, January 3, 2020
- From Academia to Infotainment, February 22, 2020