TO: DIRECTOR, FBI (89-4286)
FROM: SAC, HOUSTON (89-156) (P)
Re Butel to Baltimore, 12/1/78.
Enclosed for Baltimore is the original release signed by Ezra L. Schacht authorizing a complete autopsy on his son, Dr. Larry Schacht. Enclosed for San Francisco is a copy of this release and the following:
1. One 302 regarding [name deleted], Conroe, Texas.
2. One 302 regarding [name deleted], Houston, Texas
3. Interview notes regarding [name deleted].
4. One 302 regarding Ezra L. Schacht.
On 11/27/78, [name and address deleted], Houston, Texas, telephone [numbers deleted], telephonically contacted Houston, FBI and advised that he is
a ham radio operator and has had radio contact with the Peoples Temple on several occasions. [name deleted] reported several violations to the FCC regarding these transmissions and was advised by the FCC to report this to the FBI. [name deleted] advised that he is not and has not been a member of the People’s Temple (PT) and that the radio contact he had with the PT did not give him any indication of any impending problems concerning the PT.
AT DOVER, DELAWARE
Will furnish original of release for autopsy to Dr. William R. Cowen [Cowan].
AT SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
1. If not already done, will interview [name deleted], telephone [deleted], former member of the PT.
2. Will, if not already done, interview [name deleted], residence telephone [deleted], business [deleted], former member of the (PT).
AT HOUSTON, TEXAS
Armed and dangerous; suicidal tendencies.