[Editor’s note: A second version of the serial – which appears as Serial 947 – was transmitted within a few hours. The language which was superseded is highlighted below in red type.]
0 080034Z DEC 78
FM LAS VEGAS (89-77) (P)
TO DIRECTOR IMMEDIATE
Re Bureau teletype to Las Vegas, December 6, 1978.
On December 7, 1978, John V. and Barbara Moore, 556 Marsh, Reno, Nevada, signed a typewritten consent permitting autopsy to be performed on their daughters named by Reverend Moore as Ann E. Moore and Carolyn Moore Layton, by physician in attendance, Dover Air Force Base, Dover, Delaware. The request for presence of an independent pathologist was withdrawn. Reverend Moore attached a signed addendum to the consent which lists the following conditions for granting permission and authorizing autopsies for Carolyn Moore Layton and Ann E. Moore.
PAGE TWO LV (89-77) UNCLAS
1. A written report of the pathologist’s autopsy shall be given to us.
2. The report shall state how the identifications were made of Carolyn Moore Layton and Ann E. Moore and what records were used in making these identifications.
3. When the reports are released, they shall include all records used in identification.
4. An attorney of our choosing shall be present during the autopsies.
5. We shall have access to the tape made during the autopsies.
Bureau is requested to advise Las Vegas weather above conditions are acceptable so that Reverend Moore may be informed.