0 140350Z DEC 78
FM SAN FRANCISCO (89-250) (P) (SQD 10)
TO DIRECTOR FBI (89-4286) IMMEDIATE
RYMUR, 00: SAN FRANCISCO
In response to letter, dated December 12, 1978, from Joseph Freitas, San Francisco DA, USA [United States Attorney], San Francisco, directed letter, dated December 13, 1978, to DA Freitas stating the following:
1) That his office and the FBI have developed information alleging that [balance of paragraph deleted].
2) That on December 12, 1978, the USA and members of his staff met with representatives of the California State AG’s office, briefing them [deleted information].
PAGE TWO SF 89-250 UNCLAS
3) That the State AG’s office confirmed that, under state law and practice, “allegations re [balance of paragraph deleted].
4) Based on foregoing and [one line deleted] it is impossible at this time to separate out any data developed by federal authorities which could be appropriately disseminated to the DA’s office.
5) That the FBI has been requested to direct all reports and information evidencing violations of state law arising from the PT investigation to the state AG’s Office.
6) That the USA’s office could not accede to the request to have representatives of that office along on interviews of witnesses or to have access to FGJ [Federal grand jury] material.
USA’s office, by letter dated December 13, 1978, to California State AG’s office, confirmed prior telephonic contacts and the meeting on December 12, 1978, with representatives of that office. This letter points out that the USA’s office and the FBI would work closely with the state AG’s office
PAGE THREE SF 89-250 UNCLAS
concerning any violations of state law.
Armed and dangerous. Suicidal tendencies.