[Editor’s note: This State Department document includes two names which were deleted in the FOIA release and which are known to the editor. The names are denoted below in red type.]
PAGE 01 GEORGE 0930 [Stamp covers identifying numbers]
[List of agencies receiving informational copies on PDF]
P 071510Z JUN 74
FM AMEMBASSY GEORGETOWN
TO SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 9811
UNCLAS GEORGETOWN 0930
E.O. 11652: NA
TAGS: CPED [NAMES DELETED] [Michael Touchette and Timothy Swinney]
SUBJECT: AUTHORITY TO SIGN ON SEAMEN
1. [Several lines deleted] seek to sign on vessel Cudjoe and sail Georgetown Miami 6/10/74.
2. Subjects are members of People’s Temple of Disciples of Christ, headquarters Redwood Valley, California, in Guyana under auspices of subgroup, People’s Temple Agriculture Mission.
3. Subjects have no repeat no registry documents. State document forwarded headquarters Redwood Valley to effect transfer of ownership.
4. Embassy journal of ships reflects Cudjoe official number 517115 was owned by Thompson O’Neal Shrimp Co., Key West, Florida March 1972.
5. Embassy requests Department contact Coast Guard CO, verify American registry vessel and authorize Embassy to sign on subjects. Interested party.
Krebs [Max Krebs, Ambassador]