LANE PROJECT REPORT, No. 1
Sept. 19, 1978
Organization: Office space located in old SOU, additional electric outlets arranged through
Chris, should be in tomorrow. Shelves, cabinets and desk/tables ordered and designed by Ron. With luck some will go in tomorrow. Limited by wood supply.
Also problem for chairs.
People and Responsibilities:
Overall office organization – Bea Orsot. She agrees and will make time
Rough typing – Inez Wagner agrees but needs time cleared
– Joyce Johnson can in A.M. but needs time cleared from nursery
– need several others on a part time basis
Historical work – Dick Tropp agrees and will make time
– Carolyn Looman, agrees but needs time off from [illegible word]
Finish typing – maybe Tish [Leroy], perhaps Bea some, this is a problem area, requires very high accuracy and neatness
Affidavit taking – Gene Chaikin
– Tim Carter, when here, not consulted
– need one more, but don’t know who. Harriet [Tropp] too busy, Jan [Jann Gurvich] tied up with the rest of the legal work
Overall supervision – content, Gene Chaikin
– organization and progress, Bea Orsot Grubbs
Equipment and Supplies
– some supplies through FEB today, Bea made a complete list and will see Tish
with it tomorrow. Time is critical
– Equipment needed: three typewriters, two electric, one manual. We now have one manual. Two tape recorders with ear piece and foot control. We have one without controls.
LANE PROJECT, No. 1, page 2
Preliminary work and information request from the States –
– a list of reference materials needed given to Harriet tonight
– a list of locations to be investigated prepared
– a rough incident list prepared, to be reviewed by other (the list is of events of a
– list of people to interview with respect to these events begun
SHORT TERM GOALS (2 weeks)
– complete office arrangements, and organize workers
– obtain supplies and equipment
– obtain and organize all reference materials on site at Jonestown
– obtain any reference materials available in Georgetown
– obtain requested reference materials from States
– complete list of suspicious events and correlate with names to interview about these events.
– design a “standardized” interview format and system
– complete summary historical outline of the temple history
– continue work on taking “biographies” and type the existing ones.
– begin taking affidavits in rough