This is an archive of articles that either never appeared in digital form or have gone offline over the years.
In the Valley of the Shadow of Death: Guyana After the Jonestown Massacre
by Tim Cahill, Rolling Stone Magazine, January 25, 1979
Mass Murder, Secret Plots and Political Assassinations in Guyana (1978-1980)
by Odeen Ishmael, Guyana Journal, October 2006
News clippings from the House Committee report on the Assassination of Representative Leo J. Ryan and the Jonestown, Guyana Tragedy: This report, released in May 1979, included 200 pages of newspaper and magazine articles which had been published up to that time. The link below includes the cover of the House report, the table of contents listing the news articles, and the articles themselves. The full report may be found on the page of Congressional Hearings and Reports.
News clipppings collected by the FBI: During its investigation into the assassination of Leo Ryan, the deaths in Jonestown, and the aftermath of the tragedy, the FBI organized ten volumes of newspaper clippings. It made them available as part of its release of materials under the Freedom of Information Act. A general table of contents for the clippings appears here.
Articles from the Libertynet.org website, a now-defunct Philadelphia community network that included news from Father Divine’s Peace Mission:
- Rev. Jim Jones Once Sought Control of Peace Mission Movement
- All the World Rejoices in the Marriage Feast of the Lamb and the Bride
- Christ Died That You Might Live!
- Come up higher and I will show you the mystery, the Bride the Lamb’s Wife
- The Divine Lorraine Hotel
- FATHER DIVINE’S Sacrifice on September 10, 1965
- Ground Breaking Ceremony for FATHER DIVINE’S Library
- Lambert Fairchild
- Now Many May Say to You That You must Die and Go Far Beyond the Sky to Meet Your GOD
- Overpopulation, The Cause: Unrestrained Cohabitation — Sex
- Question: How Will the Earth Be Replenished and Continue to Exist If the Population Thereof Ceases to Increase?
- Retribution That Followed Wake of Persecution in Sayville
- The Righteous Government Platform of FATHER DIVINE’S International Peace Mission Movement
- The Shrine To Life at The Mount Of The House Of The Lord
- The SHRINE To Life At Woodmont